Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Cut Cut Cut Cut Cut!

So, my dissertation is going to be based around cut-ups of popular songs and I have been hard at work on my planning and preparation.

I've come up with over 30 possible songs that tie in with my theme.  I will only need around 15 songs but I want to see which cut-ups come out with the most interesting material.

Using the cut-up tool called The Text Mixing Desk at The Lazarus Corporation http://archive.lazaruscorporation.co.uk/cutup/textinput.php I've now got to the point where I am about to go through each of the cut-up lyrics and highlight and record the text that leaps out at me as being most interesting/unusual/useable.  When I've been through each lyric, I shall try to whittle down to 15 ish 'best' ones that I think can be woven into some kind of story.

I may be some time...

William S Burroughs
King of the Cut-ups
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for dropping by. Please feel free to leave me a comment. Cheers.