Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Songs I Remember from my Youth

A good starting point for writing comedy songs seems to be a familiar tune, altered extensively, but still with enough of the original for people to be able to grab hold of it quickly.
Some songs I have come up with as possibles are:
  • It’s a Long Way to Tipperary
  • Pack up Your Troubles
  • Knees up Mother Brown
  • Daisy, Daisy
  • Oh Dear What Can the Matter Be?
  • Bonnie Bobby Shaftoe
  • Soldier, Soldier, Will You Marry Me?
  • My Grandfather’s Clock
  • John Brown’s Body
  • My Darling Clementine
image

  • Oh Susannah!
  • She’ll be Coming Round the Mountain
  • Kumbaya
  • Day Trip to Bangor
  • My Old Man’s a Dustman
  • Any Old Iron
  • My Old Man Said Follow the Van
  • You Are my Sunshine
  • Doin’ the Lambeth Walk
  • Roll Out the Barrell
  • Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  • There’s a Hole in My Bucket
  • Does Your Chewing Gum Lose its Flavour on the Bedpost Overnight?
  • I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside
I have obviously been a bit more with it today than of late, as I seem to have come up with quite a few. Any glaring omissions? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for dropping by. Please feel free to leave me a comment. Cheers.